Hello and thank you for hopping over from Candyfloss and Dreams and welcome to the 3rd day of #12DaysOfParenting.
Today’s sponsor is It’s A Sling Thing who are offering a Ergobaby Original Carrier and the theme is Activities To Keep The Family Occupied!
My keyword to enter today’s giveaway is in this post below, good luck!
Full details of the #12DaysOfParenting terms and conditions can be found on the #12DaysOfParenting page and all entries are to be completed via the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post.
Keeping The Family Occupied
2. Colouring. You can’t go wrong with a bit of colouring and with these fun, cute Christmas images from The Purple Pumpkin blog the whole family will enjoy colouring them in. 17 pages of different characters will keep the whole family entertained for an afternoon, if not longer!
3. Make paper planes! There is guaranteed to be a whole heap of paper left over from Christmas Day – so instead of recycling it immediately, put it to one side and challenge the family to make a paper plane. If the weather is good, get outside and see who can throw the furthest!
4. Play Pooh Sticks. From the famous Winnie the Pooh – take the children on a walk, find a bridge over a stream and drop sticks on one side and see who’s comes out first on the other side. This can last for hours if you have enough sticks!
5. Reuse and recycle! After the big day, there’s bound to be a whole heap of cardboard boxes left over! Grab the paints and an old shirt and head into the garden (wrapped up warmly if it’s cold!) and get designing. Junk modelling can be so much fun and everyone can chip in to help.
6. Go camping. Bear with me here – I know it’s winter – so go camping indoors! If you have a mini tent, set it up in a dining room or conservatory – stock it full of books, games, torches and bedding and let the little ones camp out to their hearts content! Don’t forget to provide the snacks.
7. Good old fashioned board games. In recent years board games seem to have gone out of fashion, but they are on their way back in. You might be surprised that your children don’t remember how to play Snakes and Ladders, or that they’ve never played snap. Think back to your childhood and get those memories building for your children as well.
Seven easy and cheap as chips ways to keep the whole family entertained over the festive period!
Today’s Codeword is: MAGICAL
If you would like to read another post and gain another entry, then head over to Welsh Mum of One for their take on Activites To Keep The Family Occupied.
To enter the grand prize draw, head over to 12 Days Of Parenting where you can also find all the #12DaysOfParenting posts so you won’t miss any!
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out days 1 and 2 – they are open until the 31st December!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want To Join Our Tribe?
Join our Tribe today to get great insider tips from a Headteacher about everything from bullying to school lunches to talking to the class teacher!