- Little Miss has started to be homeschooled and it’s making a huge difference. In September 2015 she couldn’t neither read or write, and numbers made no sense to her at all. Since this September she can read, write, spell a lot of the 100 high frequency words, and is much more confident with her maths. Having dedicated 1:1 time with me has helped, but so has just being at home. It’s amazing how much general life experience she has missed out on – but we seem to be plugging the gaps.
- Little Sir has finished nursery and is now ready to move onto Reception. I’ve posted before about keeping him off for another year as he is a summer born child. However, in the last few months his understanding of the world has come on in leaps and bounds. He is absolutely ready to go to school! Thankfully we have just found the perfect school for him.
- Mr N has finally got his new job in Lincolnshire. It’s been a painful few months (actually since May) when his previous role went a bit pear shaped. I hadn’t realised before how much we rely on him being stable in his role but we are all so much happier now he is happier.
- The children finally became Newby’s in April this year. Although it feels like such a long time, the reality is that it only took 20 months from us enquiring about adoption to them being ours.
- I started this blog which I am loving. Having a little piece of the internet which is just mine is wonderful.
- We have found a new house to move to in Lincolnshire and will be officially there from the 29th December.
Want To Join Our Tribe?
Join our Tribe today to get great insider tips from a Headteacher about everything from bullying to school lunches to talking to the class teacher!