Blogging Goals for 2018
1. One of my biggest blogging goals for 2018 is cracking Pinterest! Pinterest is one of the areas that has taken me longest to get to grips with. In fact, for pretty much the whole time it’s been around, I’ve really struggled to understand the concept.
Thankfully, I think that I am coming around to the understanding that it is basically a visual search engine. I’ve also been pointed towards Tailwind by the lovely Aby over at You Baby Me Mummy which is a Pinterest scheduling tool, so I’m beginning to get to grips with how to use that to schedule my pins and hopefully drive more traffic to my blog!
2. My second blogging goal for 2018 is to spend more time working on photographs for my blog. At the moment I tend to use different websites which offer royalty free images such as Pixabay or Unsplash. There are some incredible stock images there, but they are just that. Stock images! Which means that so often I come across other blogs with the same images and I’d really like to be a bit more original.
We recently bought a bridge camera and I’m having a lot of fun trying to get some great photos, but in 2018 I’m hoping to take some photography courses and actually produce some of my own stock photos!
3. Working on graphics will be my third blogging goal for 2018. As a former teacher, I’d love to be able to produce worksheets and opt in’s which would bring value to teachers, but I lack the skills to produce anything worthy!
I’m currently searching for a graphic design course that I can do online, and I am planning on using YouTube a lot to start with (you can learn anything from there!!)
4. Another goal for 2018 is to build my Facebook Group. I run a group called The Primary NQT Tribe which is set up specifically to give advice and inspiration to newly qualified and recently qualified teachers. I realised over the Summer that I have so much experience and knowledge gained from over 10 years of being a teacher and a Headteacher, that I wanted to give something back.
So The Primary NQT Tribe was born. It’s only been going for a few months now, and is a lovely supportive place to hang out – but I’m hoping to increase membership over 2018 and be known as a group where teachers can ask questions without the worry about being judged!
5. My last blogging goal for 2018 is probably my biggest – and that is to be able to make a small living from my blog. Currently I make about £100 a month on the blog which is mostly made up of sponsored posts, reviews and some blogger outreach that I stumbled into! I am so chuffed that I can make anything from my blog, but I’d love to be able to turn it into my own little business, so I am going to really concentrate on this in 2018.
My first port of call will be to do the Brand Work Bootcamp from Aby over at You Baby Me Mummy. I did this course back in January 2017, and it worked really well for me, but my blog has moved on so far, and Aby is now releasing an updated, improved version, so I’m going to do it again and see how far I can move my blog on in 2018.
So there you go – five blogging goals for 2018. I seriously love my blog and the community that I have found myself in (if you aren’t in it yet, definitely join the Mamapreneur Revolution Facebook group – you won’t regret it!). I am really looking forward to seeing what 2018 will bring for my blog!
What are your blogging goals for 2018? I’d love to know!
Want To Join Our Tribe?
Join our Tribe today to get great insider tips from a Headteacher about everything from bullying to school lunches to talking to the class teacher!