In 2018 I turn 40. Yep, the big 40. I’m not really quite sure how this has happened and how time has passed so quickly, but for me 40 is the BIG one. For some people it’s 30, for others it’s 50, but for me…..40 is THE one. The one where really I feel I should have got it all together. When I’m officially a grown up (yes yes, I know I’ve been a grown up for years – but it’s only now that I feel it!) So I’ve made a decision. This year I’m going to do 40 things I haven’t done before!
Now before anyone says anything, I’m not saying I’m going to do them all for a whole year. And I’m certainly NOT saying that I’m going to stick at them or be any good at them.
I’m going to do the 40 things I’ve always wanted to do or never have time to do at the moment. Why?? Well, why on earth not?
So, here is my list of 40 things I’m going to do in my 40th year!
1. Buy a house (yep let’s start with the BIG one!)
2. Lose 4 stone (and another BIG one!)
3. Take tap dancing lessons
4. Have violin lessons
5. Go to a family festival and camp
6. Take a graphic design course
7. Start selling my photographs online
8. Start a Youtube channel
9. Go walking in the Peak district
10. Travel to Ireland
11. Do a painting course
12. Start a bullet journal
13. Learn to cook sushi
14. Read a different book a month
15. Watch a new film a month (I know these 2 don’t sound big but I never make time to do these anymore!)
16. Catch up with old friends
17. Remember everyone’s birthdays and send cards on time for everyone (this is going to be a challenge!)
18. Go swimming during the school day for exercise
19. Write a fiction book
20. Write an ebook
21. Design an online course
22. Find a new artist to listen to each month
23. Take an art history course
24. Go to the theatre
25. Explore a new town or city a month
26. Learn to make eclairs
27. Enter The Great British Bakeoff (pretty sure I won’t get on but I do want to enter!)
28. Enter and complete a 5K race
29. Learn a foreign language
30. Take a photo a day of general family life
31. Join an AmDram group
32. Take a First Aid Course
33. Go to a blogging conference
34. Host a dinner party
35. Learn to make vegetarian food and serve once a week to the family
36. Take the children on a plane journey
37. Visit Northumberland
38. Read each one of Dicken’s novels
39. Join a choir
40. Make my blog my job!
That was surprisingly easier than I thought to come up with 40 things that I want to do. I’ve no idea why I haven’t done any of it before now, but this seems as good a time as any.
So far, I am on track for number 2, as our diet (or healthy eating is probably a better way to refer to it) begins on the 1st January. This one is more important in many ways than the others as I’m doing it not only to get healthy myself, but also to help Paul who wants to lose the weight and therefore be no longer diabetic. Hopefully the importance of the results will keep us on the straight and narrow.
As the year goes on, I shall be sharing with you how I’m getting on and what I’m accomplishing.
I’d love to know whether you’ve done anything similar or what you would love to do if you had the time – let me know in the comments and give me some inspiration to get going on my list!