It is now only 20 days to go until there is no more:
- No more school runs – going to school 4 times a day has driven me slightly insane.
- No more uniforms to wash, iron, wonder how there is gold paint on the cardigan, wonder why the polo shirts now look grey/white, figure out how to iron pleats into small skirts, ask myself what possessed me to buy a small skirt with a pleat etc!
- No more homework! Well, no more homework which requires more from me than from the children.
- No more sports days/assemblies/concerts. I love watching the kids perform in these, but trying to schedule our days with both kids having different times for everything can be just a bit too confusing – I’m surprised we’ve managed to make it to everything so far.
- No more school paperwork. Have I paid for the milk/trip? Have I handed in the permission slips? Have I got change ready to buy cakes on the playground/provide money for mufti days?
- No more frustration that, even though the school is doing it’s absolute best, in some things they aren’t listening to me. Yes, Little Miss really could use a Speech Therapist – and yes I am aware she is making outstanding progress but I know it could be better. And yes, I know Little Sir is quiet in class, but he isn’t at home, and maybe someone could encourage him in school rather than accepting the quietness as just who he is.
I can’t wait for this to end. I can’t wait for it to just be me and the kids during the days, exploring their interests, being together and enjoying everything about learning, rather than seeing it as a chore to be got through. I just can’t wait!
Want To Join Our Tribe?
We'd love to have you in the Tribe with us. We'll send you out all our updates and any exciting news as it happens!